Friday, May 15, 2015

Falling Behind


I'm sitting in the living room, in the early morning silence, hoping the foxes will make an appearance. Olga is also on red alert. Yesterday morning we saw two of them, not far from the back door. Even with Olga standing at the door emitting gruff little barks and growls, they seemed unafraid -- obviously they know the door is a barrier and the dog can't get to them. When I moved, though, they darted away. There's an adult fox and at least one kit.

Yesterday we had a little Nepal fundraiser at school -- everyone was supposed to wear red and donate at least a pound in collection buckets around the building. I wore one of Dave's Izod shirts, because I don't own any red clothing (since giving away the Santa Claus pants). Even then, the Izod was really orange. Oh well. I did the best I could.

I am feeling a bit behind on everything. It's a busy time of year in the library, I haven't been studying my French as well as I should, I have a small stack of New Yorkers I haven't even opened, I'm still slogging my way through "Shantaram" (page 826!) and it's been hard to keep up with my online reading. I have been watching TV each evening with Dave, but that's our ritual -- our together time. We chat during the shows and talk about our days. So that time is sacrosanct.

And now we're entering a busy social time of year-end gatherings. Whew!

(Photo: Doors in Islington, London.)

6 comments:

alphabet soup said...

And the litter box with the litter sitting on the pavement beside it!!

Ms Soup

Elizabeth said...

I feel a bit the same -- falling behind. I've actually been making time for quiet and even took a nap the other day which is very unusual for me. I am amazed that little foxes (is that a word?)roam the streets of London. I guess it's like coyotes roaming the streets of Los Angeles.

e said...

I wonder why they get so close to houses---foraging?

Ms. Moon said...

Well, if you think about it, if dogs are wolves in one sense, then perhaps foxes are dogs in another.
I'm so behind on my reading. It makes me feel a little crazy. I miss it.

ellen abbott said...

easy to get overwhelmed with all the stuff we think we have to do.

37paddington said...

glad you have that sacrosanct time carved out. at least you have your priorities straight!